About Me

My name is Bob Elko. I live in Appleton WI. You can usually find me wandering around the Fox River looking for animals to photograph. I have a photography website where my images are available for purchase. There are many products to choose from. The link to my site is listed below. Thanks for stopping!! Bob

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Playing

I haven't posted to this blog for a while as I have been concentrating on the 365 and @thebrownbarn so I thought I would try some new effects in Photoshop Elements 7. I was bored waiting for a train and snapped a few pictures to play with.

The originals...



For the top picture, I cranked up the saturation and fiddled with the hue and temperature which got me this:


A little funky, but I liked it so I put a Neon Edges filter on it and tweaked to this:


I kind of like this one better. 

For the bottom picture, I tweaked the sharpness and added a small amount of saturation. Then I hit it with the liquefy tool. I think I will be using this more often, I love the warp.


I also de-saturated one, But it is not as good as shooting B&W in-camera. 


I also played quite a bit with the contrast, but still don't really like it. 

I should play like this more often!!





1 comment: