About Me

My name is Bob Elko. I live in Appleton WI. You can usually find me wandering around the Fox River looking for animals to photograph. I have a photography website where my images are available for purchase. There are many products to choose from. The link to my site is listed below. Thanks for stopping!! Bob

Monday, October 24, 2011

Many different shots.

Today I took a long ride out to find the western end of Center Valley Road. I found out that when it crosses hwy 76 it turns into Thompson Road and dead ends at the Wolf River.



Along he way I ran into some more hens.


Almost as bad as mosquitoes here in Wisconsin! Then I saw some sandhill cranes.


Now I liked this shot, in a larger format the focus is fairly clear for 100 yds. freehand, But I decided to try a different angle. I went for a "leading line" shot with a "rule of thirds" thrown in for good measure.


I think it lends more interest. Let me know what you think! 

This is a random barn that did not make my 365 project today, but I like it anyway.



And after picking my son up from swimming at the YMCA, I tried my hand at a long exposure. This is the Friendship Trail Trestle. It runs across Little Lake Butte des Mortes.



Well, that is about all that I had time for today, I hope you can find something to enjoy!!

This image is being shared with Weekend Reflections.





1 comment:

  1. I hope to stop in now and again to your blog. I love how you are describing your thoughts a bit here, too. I was thinking, "Great lines" in your crane shot. And, you used them well in the night bridge shot, too.

    You have a great eye.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete