About Me

My name is Bob Elko. I live in Appleton WI. You can usually find me wandering around the Fox River looking for animals to photograph. I have a photography website where my images are available for purchase. There are many products to choose from. The link to my site is listed below. Thanks for stopping!! Bob

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Barn PP

When I did my photo dump for the day, I noticed that the lighting and aperture settings I used would be conducive to a little photoshop work. Here is the original.


You can see that there is a little blur and a washed out sky. I used the dry brush filter in PSE 7 to create this image.


I like the way that this looks like a colored pencil sketch or lightly painted oil. I will have to try this with some other of my shots that I feel were overexposed or blurred. I think it is a good save on a not so great image.

I will be sharing this with Friday's Fences, and Barn Charm.



19 comments:

  1. I like how you've had fun with this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could really use some TLC--they are the ones I always really love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good with this! I like the older barns in need of some love the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this barn and love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great rescue! This is a fine barn and deserved to be in Barn Charm. And it's a good lesson on saving shots. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job...PS sure does come in handy and it's fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Experimentation is the name of the game in my book. I am always trying different processing’s with my camera, iPad, iPhone, and PSE9. It is such fun. This one turned out beautifully. It does have the water color/colored pencil look to it. Nice work. genie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool work, Bob, & nice save! The barn is a great find & I thank you for joining this week's Barn Charm =)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice safe. I've been known to keep far too many photos in the hopes that one day I will use enough (and the right) post processing to make it look presentable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank goodness for Photoshop. Even though the picture is edited, it went from being ordinary to extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work. Love the old broken down fence, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it makes for a great barn or fence shot, either way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. (Appleton WI! not too far from where i grew up! have family in Marshfield and in Green Bay so Appleton falls nicely in between.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful barn and one of those typical fences. Today we were out riding and I got to sit and shoot from the car. I was amazed at all the different fences I saw. I really like the processing of the shots. It adds a wonderful touch to the overall images. Great post. genie

    ReplyDelete