About Me

My name is Bob Elko. I live in Appleton WI. You can usually find me wandering around the Fox River looking for animals to photograph. I have a photography website where my images are available for purchase. There are many products to choose from. The link to my site is listed below. Thanks for stopping!! Bob

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More architecture..

I was in the same area that I found my barn yesterday and went by a house that I had passed numerous times. I always said that I would stop, but never had the time. Today I had the time. I hope to find the owner of the property so I can get some different angles on it.


Farmhouse.




Front Door Detail.



Rusted Windmill. I will be linking this to This or That Thursday. You should check it out!!

Another amazing sight for today was the stone foundation of a barn. It looks as if the barn had been torn down or destroyed some time ago, but the glass block window was still in place. I will need to come back to this site when I have better light. I did manage to get a mini sunset through the panes.



One of the problems I had with this shot is the light. I had to crank down the aperture to get a shot, but that gave me a shallow depth of field. It appears that I focused mainly on the uppermost block on the left side. 



Again, a depth of field issue as I ended up focusing on the red berries in the uppermost right of the picture. At least I know where this is so I can go back and try again. That is part of the fun of photography for me, always having the ability to try over and over until you finally "get it right".

3 comments:

  1. Needless to say these are very awesome shots! Wow! ~thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) linked w/This or That ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great shots, Bob, esp the 2nd shot... love that one! And I sure wouldn't mind having the glass blocks... so cool! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful location for a shoot! These are beautiful. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete