About Me

My name is Bob Elko. I live in Appleton WI. You can usually find me wandering around the Fox River looking for animals to photograph. I have a photography website where my images are available for purchase. There are many products to choose from. The link to my site is listed below. Thanks for stopping!! Bob

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Architectural Details...

Today was a bleak, dreary, and wet day. The kind of day to shoot B&W, which I did a lot of. First I have a barn door and a crop. 



Then I decided to get a closer shot to enhance the details.


My next stop on such a rainy day was naturally a cemetery.  This one is near my house and I drive by it on the way to work every day. About two weeks ago the family added a colorful wreath to a very dark looking vault. I decided to do a series of images to get all of the small details in the ironwork.





I was really happy to have a splash of color today.

I found these very near to the vault.




I then found myself wandering around downtown Appleton and taking some more detail pictures.







I would have to call it a pretty productive day after working eight hours, picking up the kids from school and taking them to YMCA classes. No wonder most of the photos I took today were a little off kilter. (go back and look, you will see)

1 comment:

  1. You're right. It's all about lighting. Usually, I shoot b/w on really sunny days...for the added contrast. I find that muted days are great for color saturation. However, here you've definitely made me think outside my normal box. I love the sleeping angel image.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete